My client is a leading manufacturer and supplier of industrial equipment in the UK & Ireland. Due to continued expansion, they are now recruiting a Field Service Engineer to join their team. The successful Field Service Engineer will be based in either Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Telford or close surrounding areas. The successful candidate will attend customer sites and carry out the installation, commissioning, service, maintenance, and repair of electro-mechanical equipment. Please note that this is a home-based role which involves extensive travel, therefore you must be flexible and be prepared to stay away from home overnight.
Field Service Engineer Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will travel to existing customer sites and carry out service work.
- Responsible for maintaining service contracts and development of potential service contract customers.
- Liaise with customers to keep them up to date with installation and maintenance schedules
- Installation and commissioning of all types of equipment supplied by the company, as necessary.
- Assist with the installation and development of new products.
Field Service Engineer Requirements:
- Must have completed a recognised apprenticeship and hold an Engineering qualification in electrical engineering to the minimum of Level 3.
- Strong mechanical engineering experience.
- You must be flexible as this role involves extensive travel and overnight stays, including weekends and bank holidays when needed.
- Proven previous experience with PLC, Single & 3 Phase systems.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Hold a valid driving licence.
Field Service Engineer Benefits:
- The annual salary is £37,500
- Additional daily payments for overnight stays.
- Expenses for overnight stays and lunches.
- 25 days plus 8 stats holiday.
- Company car and fuel card (including private use).
- Mobile phone, laptop, uniform provided.
- Company pension scheme.
- Healthcare (Family can be added)
- Life Insurance.
- Death in Service benefit.
- Full training provided.
- Tools provided.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force with a multi skilled engineering background and electrical engineering bias.