Our client provides total facilities management solutions to several private and public industry sectors throughout the majority of the UK. They are now recruiting for a Head of Compliance to join their management team. The successful Head of Compliance will hold accountability for the daily management of the reactive repair and planned maintenance programmes along with the delivery of project management services across the company’s site portfolio. Although the position is based from home, extensive travel to the company sites is required. Candidates living in or close to the following locations are of interest, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Leeds, York, Sheffield, Nottingham, Leicester, Peterborough.
This is an exciting position which has been newly created within the business offering an attractive salary and benefits package. Interested candidate are encouraged to apply.
Head of Compliance Responsibilities:
- Actively work with, inspire, motivate and mentor company personnel, contractors and suppliers on SHEQ and technical compliance matters.
- Influence the company team at all levels and develop a positive and pro-active SHEQ and technical compliance culture within the business.
- Develop compliance training programmes for employees in cooperation with L & D.
- Line management and development of the Risk & Compliance team.
- Ensure documented auditable compliance to applicable legal and other statutory requirements.
- Provide support and guidance on legal and HTM compliance to company personnel.
- Ensure that audits of suppliers are performed and are satisfactory to applicable legal and other statutory requirements.
- Identify any non-conformities and provide an action plan and support sites in the implementation of corrective actions.
- Ensure the completion of internal audits, assessments and inspections to verify effective implementation and conformance to legislation, standards and IMS with its policies, processes and procedures.
- Compile monthly SHEQ and technical compliance reports for the Senior Management Team and execute assigned actions in a timely manner.
- Ensure the company’s ongoing membership certifications/accreditations (i.e., ISO, CHAS and Safe Contractor).
Head of Compliance Requirements:
- Must hold a relevant engineering qualification.
- Hold NEBOSH Certificate of equivalent.
- Proven experience within a similar role in FM.
- Ideally qualified or have strong knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 standards.
- Proven Health & Safety management experience.
- Experience of carrying out H&S Audits, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- IT literate – Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Hold a full driving licence.
Head of Compliance Benefits:
- Attractive Salary.
- Monday to Friday – 37½ hours.
- Car allowance or company car.
- Company pension scheme.
- Death in service cover.
- Permanent Health Insurance cover (critical illness cover).
- Private Health cover – including family members.