Due to continued growth, my client, who is a leading vehicle maintenance company based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, are now recruiting for a Vehicle Technician to join their existing team. The successful Vehicle Technician will be responsible for the service, maintenance, repair, and carrying out pre- MOT checks on vehicles from 3.5 ton up to 44 ton.
Please note, this role is working a 50-hour week however, you will be rewarded with a very attractive £60,000 basic salary and the potential to earn higher with overtime.
HGV Technician Responsibilities:
- Inspection of vehicles for customers to ensure that all service and maintenance needed to maintain the vehicle is recorded and carried out.
- Use computerized diagnostic machine to locate any mechanical faults.
- Provide roadside assistance when needed to broken down vehicles.
- Complete job cards and write reports regarding customer vehicle fleets.
- Carry out Pre-mot checks and complete mot testing on vehicles.
- Carry out fault diagnosis on hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems and effect repairs to same.
- Ensure health & safety procedures are followed and adhered to.
HGV Technician Requirements:
- The successful candidates must have an NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering with a proven background in a similar role.
- Experience working on HGV vehicles is essential.
- Basic electrical knowledge for fault diagnosis and rectification.
- Holding a current HGV/LGV Class 2 minimum licence.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence.
HGV Technician Benefits:
- Attractive salary of £60,000.
- Monday to Friday 8am- 6pm & Saturdays 8am – 1pm.
- 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Opportunity for overtime.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private Healthcare.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force, particularly those from a REME Vehicle Mechanic, Royal Engineer Plant Mechanic or RAF Ground Support Mechanic Background.