My client is a leading manufacturer of bespoke engineering equipment. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful Hydraulic Fitter will carry out assembly and test of bespoke equipment within the workshop. Due to continued growth, they are now looking for a Hydraulic Fitter to join their friendly team located in North Shields Tyne & Wear. Please note, due to the company planning on relocating, my client is interested in candidates living in the Boldon, Sunderland, Washington, or Chester-Le-Street areas.
Hydraulic Fitter Responsibilities:
- Participate in pre-handover meetings with engineering to ensure all necessary data is available and understood before commencing build and highlight any potential known issues affecting the build.
- Bend and install low and high-pressure pipework.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Carry out the assembly and fitting of standard products as required.
- Assemble and finish equipment according to information supplied and to timescale.
- Ensure all pre-pressure testing checks are completed and all documentation is signed off before transfer to pressure test area for final testing.
- Liaise with the Test Technician in the event of a failure, carry out any rework and then arrange retesting as appropriate.
Hydraulic Fitter Requirements:
- Mechanically biased engineer with relevant engineering qualification.
- Proven experience with hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Ability to read and interpret hydraulic schematic diagrams.
- Have knowledge/experience of pressure testing and working with pressurised components.
- Problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate a flexible ‘can do’ attitude, with drive and motivation.
- Organised and enthusiastic with an eye for detail.
- IT literate.
Hydraulic Fitter Benefits:
- Salary is up to £36,000 payable depending on experience.
- Monday to Friday (early finish on Fridays)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Private Healthcare.
- Pension scheme.
- Uniform provided.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force with a mechanical bias.