I am delighted to be partnering with a company who are a leading manufacturer of metal components for the transport and defence industries. They are now actively looking to add to their talented team of Mechanical Plant Technician or Fitter based in County Durham, Tyne & Wear (4-day working week).
The successful Mechanical Plant Fitter will be required to carry out fault finding, diagnosis, maintenance and repairs on their bespoke manufacturing lines. As a Mechanical Plant Fitter, you will be working to support the production and safety improvement schemes daily, as well as providing support on new installations when required.
This is an exciting opportunity to secure a career within a company who boast excellent staff retention, offer progression within the business and provide an attractive benefits package, including a 4-day working week.
Mechanical Plant Fitter Requirements:
- Hold a minimum NVQ Level 2 in Mechanical engineering with a proven background.
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics or metal work (welding, turning and milling) is advantageous.
- Have good knowledge of mechanical fitting and fault finding.
- Experience with plant equipment and automated machinery.
- Initiative to work on your own and as a part of a team.
- Have a full understanding of health and safety at work.
Mechanical Plant Fitter Benefits:
- Monday to Thursday, 6:45am – 4pm.
- 3-day weekends.
- £30,000 per annum.
- Bonuses and overtime available
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, closed over Christmas.
- Company pension scheme.
- Paid lunch breaks.
- Prescription Safety Glasses provided.
- Uniform and PPE provided.
- Further training for the right candidate.