Are you self-motivated, keen to learn and looking for an exciting new challenge?
My client has an immediate requirement for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to be based at their site in Newark, Nottingham. The successful Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will work as part of a team and will be responsible for carrying out the planned preventative maintenance and reactive breakdowns to the machinery on site.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a mechanically biased engineer to join a growing business, please note, you will be required to join the engineering call out rota 1 week every 5 weeks, in return you will receive an additional £5000 per year.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer Requirements:
- Must have completed a recognised apprenticeship program and hold a Mechanical qualification to level 3 as a minimum.
- Proven ability to work with drives, gears and motors, valves, pumps, and conveyors.
- Fabrication/welding experience – desirable.
- Electrical fault finding and diagnostic experience advantageous.
- IOSH – desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical engineering diagrams and schematics.
- IT Literate.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer Benefits:
- Basic salary - £35,000 + £5,000 Call out bonus.
- Monday to Friday dayshift.
- Pension scheme.
- Life Insurance.
- Occupational health.
- Opportunity to gain further qualifications.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force with a mechanical engineering bias.