I am very excited to partner with a niche professional company based in Bedale, North Yorkshire who are a reputable provider of bespoke technical solutions to their customers throughout most of the UK. They are now recruiting for an Operations Director to join their small friendly team at their site. This is an integral position in the business where the successful Operations Director will be coached and mentored by the Managing Director who has plans to retire and the Operations Director will eventually take the helm.
This is a fantastic and exciting opportunity for a technical/engineering candidate who has previously served in the Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force who has reached a senior level in their career and managed staff and operations. In return you will be joining a great company who value and reward their staff. The position pays an attractive salary with some fantastic benefits including bonuses, commission and private healthcare.
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to make an early application.
Operations Director Responsibilities:
- Management of the daily business operation.
- Manage a small team of employees.
- Provide technical solutions to customers on the sale of new and refurbished machines, spares and service contracts.
- Attend customer sites and carry out demonstrations for the sale of machinery.
- Prepare customer quotations and proposals.
- Negotiate with suppliers on the procurement of machines and spares.
- Manage budgets, reviewing and monitoring profit and loss.
- Lead on the implementation of a more robust outbound marketing technique.
Operations Director Requirements:
- Technical or engineering background.
- Have experience of operational responsibility.
- Proven people management experience.
- Confident individual with the ability to interface with customers at all levels.
- Innovative approach.
- Hold a full driving licence.
Operations Director Benefits:
- Salary is £50,000.
- Commission and bonuses with a salary of OTE circa £65K.
- Company car/car allowance negotiable.
- BUPA private healthcare scheme.
- Pension scheme.
- Coaching and mentoring by the Managing Director.