Are you an ex-military engineer? Would you like to work for a company who value the skills of ex-military engineers? Our client has a vacancy for a Shift Engineer with mechanical or electrical engineering bias to join their team at their site in Bradford, West Yorkshire. The successful Shift Engineer will carry out planned preventative maintenance and repairs to the machinery on site.
This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates who are leaving their military engineering career and are looking to join a company who offer a structured training programme with the opportunity to gain additional skills and qualifications as well as career progression.
Shift Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide breakdown and maintenance support to a wide range of electro-mechanical systems.
- Mechanical strip-down/re-assembly, basic field wiring, machine calibration and system testing.
- Electrical fault-finding.
- Working against a timeframe to complete reactive repairs.
- Interact with on-site management keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression.
Shift Engineer Requirements:
- Hold a relevant recognised engineering qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering to a minimum level of NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams.
- Ability to interpret electrical circuit diagrams and work with 415V motor controls.
Shift Engineer Benefits:
- Salary is £46,000 including shift allowance.
- Panama shift pattern – 42 hours per week - 0600-1800-0600.
- 23 days holiday per year.
- Pension scheme, life insurance, healthcare.
- Opportunity for further training to achieve additional qualifications.