Are you an ex-military engineer? Would you like to work for a company who value the skills of ex-military engineers? Our client has a vacancy for a Shift Engineer to join their team at their site in Burton upon Trent. The successful Shift Engineer will work as part of a team and will carry out planned preventative maintenance and repairs to the machinery on site.
This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates with an electrical engineering bias who are leaving their military engineering career and are looking to join a company who offer a structured training programme with the opportunity to gain additional skills and qualifications as well as career progression.
Shift Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide breakdown and maintenance support to a wide range of electro-mechanical systems.
- Mechanical strip-down/re-assembly, basic field wiring, machine calibration and system testing.
- Electrical fault-finding.
- Working against a timeframe to complete reactive repairs.
- Interact with on-site management keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression.
Shift Engineer Requirements:
- Electrical engineering bias.
- Candidate must hold a relevant recognised engineering qualification in electrical engineering to a level of NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Previous experience with PLC’s.
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams.
Shift Engineer Benefits:
- Salary is £45,557 including shift allowance.
- 42 hours per week – 4 on 4 off, working 2 days - 6am to 6pm followed by 2 nights - 6pm to 6am.
- 22 days holiday.
- Pension scheme, life insurance, healthcare.
- Opportunity for further training to achieve additional qualifications.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force with an electrical engineering bias.