Are you an Ex-Military Communications/Electronics/ICT Engineer or do you have an electronic engineering background with an interest in aviation? Are you looking for your next opportunity? Our client has a vacancy for a Systems Engineer to join their team in Cramlington. The role is predominantly based in the workshop where you will carry out the build and test of the customer’s bespoke systems prior to installation onsite. The role involves regular travel to customer sites across the UK; therefore candidates must be flexible in their approach to travel and spending time away from home.
Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Carry out the build and install of bespoke systems.
- Carry out systems engineering and implementation, testing of in-house equipment at the required timescales.
- Carry out survey work and assist in identifying installation procurement and evaluating customer provided installation drawings and schedules.
- Carry out commissioning of electronic/ electrical systems and structured cabling installation works.
Systems Engineer Requirements:
- Must hold a relevant engineering qualification in Electronics/Communications/ICT.
- Proven background within electronics/communications engineering ideally within an airport environment.
- Good hands-on technical skills.
- Electrical skills.
- You must hold or be able to obtain SC Clearance.
- Hold full UK driving licence.
- Be prepared to travel and work away from home on a regular basis.
Systems Engineer Benefits:
- Salary £30,000 per annum.
- Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm (flexibility required).
- 20 days holiday rising with service to 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Travel expenses paid.
- Hire Car/Allowance provided for travel.
- Pension scheme.