Our client is a leading manufacturer of electro-mechanical machinery. They now have a vacancy for a Test & Commissioning Engineer to be based at their site in Basingstoke, Hampshire.
Please note, this role does involve working away from home, 1 week every 6 weeks, mainly in Europe, North America or India, carrying out installations and commissioning. In return, the successful Test & Commissioning Engineer will receive an attractive salary, car allowance and daily additional payments when working away from home.
Test & Commissioning Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for carrying out a range of testing methods on high powered equipment.
- Troubleshooting any problems and ability to rectify problems efficiently.
- Carry out repairs, tests and set – up of control boards.
- Supporting the Service Engineers on customer sites with the commissioning and installation of equipment, this will be within the UK and overseas.
Test & Commissioning Engineer Requirements:
- The successful candidate must have a recognised apprenticeship and hold an Electrical engineering qualification or equivalent as a minimum.
- Strong mechanical engineering skills.
- Proven experience working on hydraulics & pneumatics would be advantageous.
- PLC Level 3 would be advantageous.
- Excellent fault-finding abilities.
- IT literate.
- Full clean driving licence.
Test & Commissioning Engineer Benefits:
- Salary - £35,000 to £40,000
- Car allowance £4,800.
- Additional payment when working away from home.
- Travel expenses covered.
- Monday – Thursday 07:00 – 15:30 and Friday 07:00 – 14:30.
- 21 days holiday + bank holidays - Please note Christmas shutdown is covered by the client.
- Company performance bonus scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Inhouse training/upskilling with a progression plan.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force, candidates who have an electrical engineering background are strongly encouraged to apply.